Getting Started


Let’s be honest here. I live in a house that is over 2000 square feet. I have more than $50,000 dollars in debt, and that does not include my mortgage. I have an awesome family that includes four children. I work a full time job. Does that description sound anything like someone who is a minimalist or a proponent of simple living? No, it does not. Not even close.

Some of us learn lessons early in life while others learn later. Call me a slow learner. It took a long time for me to understand that my choices were my own to make. There were lots of years of being buried under the status quo and expectations of others and the materialistic American dream and apple pie and all of that noise and mostly nonsense.

Now, I wake up every day thankful and full or purpose. I want you to join me and keep me accountable. I want to share with you the process of moving to a slower, simpler, more purposeful life. In things, in thoughts, in life.

We are going to get a little better every day. Happy is right here, right now. Perhaps that sign should say "happier ever after".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going with a comment...